Tuesday, January 25, 2011

The Return of the Screaming Indian

Hey guys. Is anyone still reading this? Probably not. Let's face it. Why would you? It's been almost a year since I posted. But I'm hear to let you know that we're back.

My lack of posts - while partly derived from general laziness - was mostly a conscious decision. Basically, I felt like I didn't have anything to say about the Braves or baseball in general that wasn't already well-covered by a variety of other sources.

And if I'm not bringing a perspective that I feel advances the discussion instead of just repeats what you've already read five times over, what's the point? With that in mind, the revamped Screaming Indian will not try to be something that I don't have the time to turn it into - namely, an incredibly through, almost beat reporter-esque type of blog.

Instead, I'm going to take a more whimsical look at baseball and write about what I feel like writing about rather than what I feel like I'm supposed to be writing about. (Yes, using the word 'whimsical' hurts me as much as it hurts you to read it, but it's appropriate here).

With that out of the way, I'm very excited about the encroaching dawn of spring training.

It's good to be back.

No comments:

Post a Comment